The province of Ontario is working with Indigenous partners through their guidance and leadership across the province to address:
- The legacy of residential schools
- Close gaps and remove barriers
- Create a culturally relevant and responsive justice system
- Support Indigenous culture and,
- Reconcile relationships with Indigenous peoples
The Journey Together St. Thomas Elgin project is part of the larger provincial project and is designed to enhance access to culturally relevant, Indigenous-led early years programs and services off-reserve, including child care and child and family programs in our region.