JTSTE Project Information Sheet for Providers of Programs & Services in St. Thomas-Elgin
We invite you to take part in the Journey Together St. Thomas-Elgin Truth and Reconciliation project (JTSTE). Through the funding opportunity from the Ministry of Education in Ontario, the project team is dedicated to establishing a new and respectful relationship among all members of our region. We are asking and listening about what support, community activities or types of programs and services members of the St. Thomas-Elgin Indigenous community families and children want and need in our community.
This letter provides you with the information you need to make an informed decision about sharing your work or volunteer role and organizational information with us for the JTSTE project.
The Purpose Of This Project:
The purpose of this project is to help improve programs and services for Indigenous families and children, who live and work in St. Thomas-Elgin. To do this, we would like to learn about the programs or services that are needed, about barriers people have in participating in local programs and services, and what people think about the programs and services we have in the community.
Who Can Take Part?
You may take part in completing the programs and/or services provider feedback for the JTSTE project if you:
- are 18 years of age or older
- provide any programs or services in St. Thomas-Elgin (work or volunteer)
- understand and speak English
What Taking Part Means:
If you agree to take part in the project, you may provide feedback through our online feedback form. If you would be interested in doing a telephone interview, please call 519-488-5415 and speak with Sarena, who will help record your feedback for the project.
The feedback form will take about 15 minutes of your time to complete. All the information you give us is confidential. You can participate by giving us feedback without giving your name. The questions will ask you about your work or volunteer role, your organization, and what types of programs or services are in the St. Thomas-Elgin community.
Possible Risks and Harms:
The risks of taking part in this project are small. Talking about your community and what programs or services you need for your clients but do not have access to may be frustrating. If you are interested, we will help you find professional connections to help get the best programs and services for your clients.
You may not get any direct benefits from being in this project. However, giving us your feedback will give you a chance to share your thoughts and experiences about the programs and services in St. Thomas-Elgin. What you share with us may help policy makers and service providers improve what type of programs and services that are available and how they are provided to people in our community.
Taking part in this project is completely your choice. You can refuse to answer any questions or stop answering the questions at any time.
Privacy and Confidentiality:
- The information you share with us as part of this project is strictly confidential. Your confidentiality will be protected in several ways:
- Your name will not be attached to the information collected when you provide feedback for the project. Instead, a code number will be given to each person who responds.
- The only people who will see your responses will be Jeff Wilson or Sarena McLean. These people are required to keep all information in strict confidence.
- All the information shared with us is stored securely in a locked cabinet or on a password-protected computer. Your name and contact information will be kept separate from your answers to our questions.
- When you give us your feedback, your responses to our questions will be put into a survey program called Survey Monkey. This program complies with the Ontario Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Your answers will be stored on computers in Canada without your name attached. For more information on Survey Monkey’s Privacy and Security Policy please visit: https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/policy/security/
- If you tell us about any current abuse of children or immediate high safety risk to your clients or others, we are required by law to report this. Before reporting, we will discuss this with you.
Project Contact Information:
If you have questions about the project, please call Sarena McLean. The project contact number is 519-488-5415. This project phone number has a confidential voicemail that only Sarena can listen to if you leave us a message. You may also contact Jeff Wilson, the project leader at 519-661-2111, extension 86603. Jeff’s voicemail is also confidential.
What you tell us will be used for final reports, grant applications, and public talks. Your name will never be used in any reports. The information you provide may also be used in future projects. If you would like to receive a copy of what we learn about during the JTSTE project, please send us an email at email@example.com and provide your name, a contact number or if you prefer an email address and we will be sure to provide you with an update.
If you agree to take part in this project, please follow the link below. Your completed feedback form will be considered your consent to participate.